5 Beauty Hero's


There's always a few products that you can rely on to do a good job in the time of need. I've tried various products over the years and there are a few I always go back to. These are the ones that work instantly and really do a great job of helping my skin/makeup to look better. 
I've managed to narrow down five of my favourite beauty hero's and here are the ones that made the cut.

This is definitely one of the best mascaras I've used. I still feel like I'm searching for my holy grail mascara but this comes close. It lengthens, adds volume and definition, doesn't smudge or clump. It isn't cheap by any means but it's one I would happily repurchase. The original volume mascara is the one I turn to - I received the Hypnose drama version for Christmas and its awful (I'll have a post on my beauty misses very soon!), so I'll be sticking to the original.

I received this at the end of last year and its worked wonders on my skin. Even though my skin is oily, it gets very dehydrated in winter. The Aromatherapy Associates Rose Radiance Skin Serum is an ultra light cream/gel that absorbs instantly to hydrate, smooth and add radiance. My skin feels much softer since I started using this and I've had less dryness. 

This moisturiser is one of my ultimate must haves. This instantly transforms my dry legs into hydrated, glowing and super soft pins. The only downside of this cream is the smell as its quite medicinal, however the benefits definitely outweigh the negative. I've been through a few tubes of this stuff and I tend to use it every summer. You can usually find it on offer for half price - you can currently buy it for £8.50 at Superdrug here in a kit with the dry hand fix (its normally around £10.50 on its own).

This balm originally came in a beauty box but its honestly one of the best balms I've used. A blend of raw shea, beeswax and coconut, it smell/tastes good too. I love that it actually nourishes and smoothes the lips. I find a lot of balms tend to sit on the lips without really doing anything but this one is different. I always use this lip balm before lipstick to make my lips feel moisturised and I find my lipstick sits slightly better on my lips too. Its slightly more expensive than some balms but totally worth the money!

The best eye cream ever!This is my holy grail of creams. I get dry skin under my eyes and this is the one product that has made such a difference. I know a few people rave about it but this eye cream really is that good!It hydrates, smooths and makes my eye concealer look better. The texture is slightly odd as the cream transforms into a slightly watery texture when it comes into contact with the skin but I like that it doesn't feel too heavy despite being incredibly moisturising. 

Do you have any beauty hero's?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

17 comments

  1. Definitely want to try the Lancome mascara,heard such Great things about it.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of that mascara!x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read so many good reviews about the Kiehls Avocado eye cream I just need to bite the bullet and buy it. I also have combo skin but my under eye area gets pretty dry so I need a good eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo love the sound of the Kiehls eye treatment.
    I think I need that in my life!
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nip&Fab dry leg fix is great! I have very dry shins and this really worked! I'm not keen on the smell but the product is fab :D

    FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soo with you on the Lancome mascara that one is the best I had the sample of the new one to and I wasn't that impressed either if I'm honest: nip and fab is a brand im hearing so much about but I have never tried:

    My hero product is:) locitane Shea butter hand cream

    Libertylovesmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't the mascara just amazing? I would even say its my all time favourite!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a post, I love the Lancôme Hypnose Drâma Mascara as well!

    www.sevenminsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally going to give that eye treatment a trial!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only ever heard great things about that eye cream - even the name sounds great! Who wouldn't like the nourishment of creamy avocados?! I'm going to have to get it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've heard nothing but amazing reviews on lancome hypnose, and all the products mentioned sound great! definitely saving this post to give these a try :)

    Rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo love these picks and I have been dying to try that Kiehl's eye cream! My friend uses it and swears by it. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am super eyeing up the Kielhs eye cream (eyeing up, get it? LOLZ) I've read great things and their Ultra Facial Cream is just holy grail.

    theprettybeatniks.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great beauty picks!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want the Kiehls Avocado eye cream. I occasionally suffer with really dry flaky skin on my eye lids and it's obviously not the best place to try and moisturise, but a lady applied some of this to my eye lids when I was at an event at Selfridges in Birmingham and it immediately cleared it up x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo