Free Design Resources for Bloggers


Whether you want to improve your blog design or your images, you might be interested in finding some free resources to use. I've had a few people ask how I make my blog images, so I figured I'd cover this in this post. Everything I use is completely free and the good news is that it's really easy to use. Here are some resources that you may find useful as well as the ones I use.



I always use free fonts on my blog images. There are eight here to download - I'd also recommend dafont, fontsquirrel and fontspace.


Free handwritten fonts


If you're looking for handwritten style fonts then you'll love these. These would look great on blog images or on other design projects.


Free laurel wreath graphics


I love these graphics. They would look great on a blog header or wishlist.


Black and gold seamless patterns


These seamless patterns are ideal for using in your blog images or for your blog design.


Free stock photos


I usually use royalty free stock photos for my blog images. I've linked to several sites where you can find them in this post. Once you download the photo you want to use, you can modify it in a free photo editing site. I use picmonkey and just write text over the top. With picmonkey, you can use your own fonts as well as the custom fonts on the site.

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

Check out my platinum advertiser The Bare Faced Chic and luxe advertiser Frannymac

21 comments

  1. This is so useful, thanks so much. I'm going to use some of this.

    Amy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those handwritten fonts are so so gorgeous! I always use fonts like that, so pretty x

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so helpful! Thank you for sharing! http://relishingthyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these sorts of posts you're really helping us!

    My Morning Routine 2015 | Spring 2015

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the font sources! It will be a great help for me! :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so helpful! Thank-you!

    Gina
    www.beautifulbrightlight.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!! thanks for sharing :)

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The FREE STOCK PHOTOS text goes to the Black and Gold patterns. Do you have any other stock image site links you can share? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for letting me know, just changed it!I'll have an updated mega list soon :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for all of the great tips! Which website do you use for your stock photos? When I click the link it sends me to the page of the seamless background images.
    xx. Brittany
    Life Like a Twenty Something

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ziet er zeker mooi uit!
    -Marijke-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you...thank you..thank you!
    http://www.lovelysharice.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! The link for the Free Stock Photos takes me to the Free Black and Gold Backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know!Just changed it :)

      Delete
  13. Great information!
    Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous13.4.15

    Thanks for sharing my list of free handwritten fonts!

    Tiffany
    beautifuldawndesigns.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very handy, thankyou! xx

    Eva || http://evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous14.4.15

    This has been extremely helpful to me! Thank you for your generous sharing!
    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great selection and good resources, thanks for sharing :D

    http://inspiremeland.com

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, thank you for all of these 😊

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great inspiration - thank you for sharing with us! :) I will definitely use some of this.

    Christina | https://caliope.name/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo