The Best Mid-High End Lipstick Formulations


Despite owning a lot of lipsticks, I don't really have many mid to higher end options. However, those that I do have, I tend to wear a lot. The most luxurious packaging award in my collection has to go to the YSL rouge volupte shine lipstick in pink in confidence - you can see a swatch here. I find this lipstick is really hydrating and lightweight. It leaves a glossy shine and is just really easy to wear. If you're looking to splash out on a lipstick, I would definitely recommend trying one from this range.

For a matte formulation, I adore the Clinique long last soft matte lipstick in mandarin - swatched here. This lipstick is basically everything a matte lipstick should be - creamy, pigmented and comfortable to wear. I don't see this lipstick mentioned much but honestly its a great matte formulation and is fairly long wearing too.

For mid range, I really like the Urban Decay revolution lipstick in naked - swatched here. I rate this formula over MAC lipsticks. If you've read this blog for a while, you may have seen me mention that I'm not a massive fan of MAC lipsticks. I love the shade range but I find their formula's to be drying on my lips. The Urban Decay revolution lipsticks are creamy, comfortable and feel luxurious on the lips. Naked is a great nude pink shade and highly wearable. Again, these aren't a lipstick I see mentioned that much anymore, which is a shame as they really are a great lipstick.


I know a lot of people are either a gloss or lipstick girl but I love both. My favourite glosses are the Laura Mercier lip glaces. These are amazing and well worth the price tag. They feel really glossy, hydrating and add a hint of colour. Another gloss that I like are the Clarins instant light natural lip perfectors. I don't really rate Clarins makeup but these are by far the best product I've tried from them. I do think they're slightly overpriced for what they are but they feel comforting, moisturising and add a slight hint of colour. 
A gloss that's surprisingly good is the Lancome lip lover lip gloss. These are a hybrid of a gloss and balm with the colour of a lipstick all in one. I got a mini one in a set at Christmas and I was pretty blown away by how good it is. It's highly pigmented, glossy and moisturising, doing exactly what it says on the tin. Highly recommended. 

Have you tried any of these lip products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

Check out my platinum advertiser LAZE SUNDAZE and diamond advertiser Melissa Hearts Weddings

23 comments

  1. I've only heard great things from the urban decay lipsticks- need to get on that!

    abi from a little dust x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Clarins instant light natural lip perfectors, I need some more shades! x
    http://www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that urban decay lipstick sounds so lovely, definitely need to try it ! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try the Urban Decay lipsticks for a while now, i need to just buy one asap! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my drugstore lipsticks. I normally stick to those. However, as far as liquid lipsticks go, I only like high end ones :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget how much I like Lancome's lip products, and this all in one does sound good!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally have the exact YSL lipstick! I love it so much! It was my first luxury lipstick and I cherish the hell out of it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so gorgeous!! I'd love to try a YSL lipstick! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try Clinique's Mandrian for a while but I didn't know if it was any good. I love Clinique's skincare but their makeup has been hit or miss for me. I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to give it a try!
    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to try the Urban Decay range of lipstick for ages. I do own some mac lipsticks but they are nowhere near my favourites. I really enjoy the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, lovely colours and never drying.
    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to check out the Clinique Matte Lipstick. I do own quite a few matte lipsticks but sometimes it seems to set in between the lines on your lips. Over time, it doesn't look attractive at all!

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. YSL lipsticks are divine. I dug mine out at the weekend and forgot how much I love the creamy formula.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooe these are all so pretty

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maxfactor have a new range out - the Colour Intensifying balms, which are great if you have dry lips. Easy application too so can reapply after eating etc (as the staying power isn't great) without making a mess.
    Some really intense, statement colours too. Worth checking out.

    - Lubna
    http://www.thedigitalreview.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like pairing lipstick and lip-gloss together for full lips effect. Visit me at www.igaberry.com You can follow me here: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143
    Have a lovely day, Iga x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Urban Decay gloss in Naked has been my everyday lipgloss for years now! Definitely worth it :)
    XO Janina
    http://janinafran.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh the Laura Mercier glosses sound incredible! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Clarins instant light perfectos are something I have wanted to try for a long, long time!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the UD Revolution lipsticks too, they have an amazing smooth formula!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that YSL lippy shade :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! Since I absolutely found your blog very lovely, I am nominating you for the Liebster Award. For more details and info, check out my blog post about the said award on this link:
    http://enigmaticxx.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-liebster-award.html
    Looking forward to see your blog post soon!
    Nat xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the weekend honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways:
    Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin | Facebook

    (っ◕‿◕)っ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have one of the Clinique long lasting matte lipsticks and I agree, they are a great formulation but you don't hear very much about them! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo