Upgrading your Camera


A camera is one of my most important tools for blogging. I currently use a Canon 1100d and though it’s a decent camera for a beginner, I’m looking to upgrade it in the next few months as I want to improve my photos and get something a bit smaller in size. 

When I first chose my camera, I had a little look around the internet for the latest reviews. Obviously, buying a digital camera isn’t cheap and when you’re spending £££’s you don’t want to end up with something you’re going to end up regretting. Luckily, my camera has served me well but its not perfect. I think because my needs have changed, I’m now looking for something with a bit extra.
When you’re choosing a camera, I think its best to choose one that you’re going to be able to get a lot of use from. If you’ve been using a regular digital camera, you might want to take a step into the world of dslr’s. These can be expensive, especially if you’re buying lenses too. Lenses can actually be more expensive than the camera body. I’d actually probably recommend looking at a bridge camera first, if you want to get one a little cheaper.

The main setback of a dslr or bridge camera is the bulkiness. If I want to take it out and about, it’s a no-no as it just wont fit in my bag. For my next camera purchase, I’m looking into buying a compact systemcamera. A lot of these are smaller and less bulky so they’re super easy to fit in your handbag. You can still get great pictures with them and film videos too. I’m thinking about filming something soon so this function is pretty important. You can also buy lenses too for compact system cameras so you can get various types of pictures. 

I'll be shopping around before I make a final decision on the camera I want. Do you have any recommendations?

*sponsored content but I am genuinely searching for a new camera!


6 comments

  1. I bought myself a bridge camera the sx range is actually small and perfect to carry around

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at camera's and really can't decide! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am upgrading too hopefully in September, at the moment I have the Fujifilm Finepix HS10 which has served me very well over the past four years but I am looking at the Canon EOS M, the Nikon 1 S2 or the Sony ILCE5000L. Hope that helps!

    Phoebe x - www.phoebetea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Canon Rebel t3i that I really have come to love now that I've learned how to use it in manual mode. I recently got a 50 mm lens for it, which makes the camera so much lighter. I now carry it around in my purse, no problem! The 50 mm lens for that particular camera was $100 (in the US, not sure about UK). It's a great lens that takes sharp, clean photos! Also, when I purchased my camera I purchased the entire kit- it came with filters, other lenses, a bag and a tripod (money well spent). You can find some good deals out there, just be on the lookout!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tips!

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This infographic looked really interesting but unfortunately the text is too distorted for me to read :( I totally agree with you about the bulkiness of a DSLR, it's a commitment to take it out for an entire day as you have to carry it, and I could never dare put mine down! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo